Thursday 21 June 2007

Publication update

Well, as usual, God is amazing. The proposal for my upcoming book, Calcutta is Everywhere: a different kind of love story, is in the hands of the people at Novalis, and they have expressed alot of interest. And, as of this past weekend when I attended a Christian writers' conference in Guelph, I have 2 other major publishers who have invited submission! Wow. I'm so delighted and humbled. Please pray for me and for the process as I prepare the proposals for these 2 new companies, and also as I prepare a couple of articles for submission in Christian magazines.

The words of the prophet Isaiah, "The desert shall rejoice and blossom, it shall blossom abundantly" have accompanied me for about 15 years to give me hope and encouragement as I trudged through what was my desert. I thank God that it seems like now is the time when it's really starting to rejoice and blossom abundantly!!! We really can bear fruit and blossom abundantly, even when we figure we have nothing much left to give. We never know what God has planned for us, that might be just around the next corner, though we can't quite see it yet.

Steph

No comments: