Thursday 28 June 2007

My first rejection letter!

I've been receiving some pretty amazing support these days from my writing community. It's great that other, more seasoned writers are willing to reach out and support the greener ones like me! Recently I heard back from a publisher that while my book looks engaging, it doesn't fit in with what they're producing. My first rejection letter! I guess this is a milestone in my fledgling writing career!


I was just told by N.J. Lindquist of The Word Guild "that you shouldn't give up until you've had 20 or more rejection letters." Twenty??? Yikes. I guess I'm going to have to develop a thicker skin if I'm going to keep at this. And I am going to keep at this. I submitted two articles to magazines today, just to show myself that I'm staying on this horse, and that one little rejection won't knock me off! :) I trust that if God has guided me to make writing my primary focus, that He will give me the means and the guidance to help me see it through.

I appreciate your visit - come again!

Steph

No comments: